Best Toddler Pillow For Your Child (April 2017) – Buyer’s Guide
We all know how frustrating it is to sleep on a bad pillow all night. Waking up to pains and aches is not something we want for ourselves. And it’s definitely not something we would want for our children as well, right? That is why your baby needs the best toddler pillow.
The thing about kids is that their bodies are extremely sensitive. So even the slightest discomfort can ruin a good night’s sleep for them. And when that happens, you can bid goodbye to your sleep as well.
So now is the time to prevent such a tragedy from taking place. This is the ultimate moment to find out what your best options are. What you see below is a list of the top seven toddler pillows to ensure that you and your baby sleep comfortably all night long.
Quick Comparison: Top 7 Best Toddler Pillows
*Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices and customer reviews on Amazon.com
The Best Toddler Pillow: 7 Best Picks
Knowing what each toddler pillow has to offer will help you understand how important they are in terms of comfort. So we’ve successfully managed to discuss all the valuable benefits and some noteworthy disadvantages to help you select better.
1. Printed Hypoallergenic Pillow – The Toddler Pillow that Requires No Pillowcase
The Hypoallergenic Toddler Pillow by A Little Pillow Company has a soft cotton construction. This particular quality makes the pillow an ideal choice for toddlers. The most impressive part about the pillow is that it contains optimal padding. It is not too much to cause neck pain or too little to jeopardize comfort.
The fillings have a hypoallergenic cluster-equipped fiber quality. This means no allergic reactions or exposure to harmful chemicals.
The filling is comes encased in a double stitched shell of soft percale. Such a high-quality feature does the job of providing the much-needed support and comfort to your child’s head and neck. (Pillow safety for toddlers)
The most common complaint of the Hypoallergenic Toddler Pillow is that its stuffing is slightly lumpy. This gives you inconsistent thickness, which tends to mess with comfort.
- The pillow has a solid construction with tight stitching.
- It is machine washable.
- The pillow can hold its shape for a very long time.
We Don't Like
- The size might be too small for some.
- The stuffing is lumpy.
How to Wash your Pillow?
2. Little Sleepy Head Toddler Pillow – The Best Affordable Toddler Pillow
The Little Sleepy Head Toddler Pillow has that perfect portable size. So you can use it at home and take it with you for long journeys as well. Because we all know that kids and naps go hand in hand.
The toddler pillow contains 100% premium hypoallergenic polyester fiber filling. This is wrapped in 200-count soft cotton to offer tons of comfort. The thing about high-quality cotton is that it provides sufficient comfort as well as support to the head and neck.
It’s the hypoallergenic quality that we like the most in the Little Sleepy Head Toddler Pillow. So no more discomfort due to allergy symptoms. The only problem with the pillow is that it comes with excessive stuffing.
- It adequately supports the neck and head.
- The shape of the pillow remains intact ever after several washes.
We Don't Like
- It is too high due to the extra stuffing.
3. Snuggle-Pedic Toddler and Kids Pillow – The Best High-Quality Toddler Pillow
When we say high quality, we mean something that will not disappoint you in any aspect. And that’s what the Snuggle-Pedic Toddler and Kids Pillow does. It contains excellent memory foam filling; the kind used for high-end mattresses. So it has a remarkable capacity to conform without being too heavy.
The Snuggle-Pedic Toddler and Kids Pillow provides orthopedic support to the head and neck. On top of that, it has the ability to adjust to every sleeping position.
What’s even more impressive is the bamboo cover. It does a great job at adding breathability to the mix. This keeps your toddler cool and comfortable throughout the night.
The part that’s slightly disappointing is the pillow’s stiff quality. Now, this tends to wear down after a few uses. But in the initial stage, it can cause some discomfort.
- It molds to the shape of the head for superior comfort.
- The air circulation quality of the bamboo cover helps in sleeping better.
We Don't Like
- The pillow may be too thick for some toddlers.
- It is quite stiff at first.
4. Dreamtown Kids Toddler Pillow with Pillowcase – The Best Polyester and Cotton Blend Toddler Pillow
With high-quality materials like cotton and polyester, you can expect nothing short of superior comfort. The Dreamtown Kids Toddler Pillow has an ideal size too. It is neither too large to carry around nor too small to cause discomfort.
The feature that you might appreciate the most is the soft, dense fiber. What it does is offer tons of neck support. Another great component is the hypoallergenic, mildew and mold resistant quality. This means no allergy symptoms and maximum durability.
The pillow is machine washable, and it’s this particular aspect that causes a problem. Washing tends to cause split seams. So you should avoid washing the pillow now and then.
- The pillow is light and big enough for every growing toddler’s needs.
- The soft, fluffy quality remains intact for a very long time.
We Don't Like
- The stitching is prone to damage.
5. Toddler/Travel Pillow by Kinder Fluff – The Toddler Pillow with the Best Neck and Head Support
The Kinder Fluff Toddler/Travel Pillow is chiropractors’ favorite option. Do you know why? It’s because the pillow offers just the kind of support your neck and head need. In fact, it helps with maintaining sleeping positions all night long. Isn’t that beneficial for children? (Sleeping habits of toddlers)
You will love how easily the pillow maintains its original shape even after months of use. This means zero lumps. And you don’t need a pillow case for the pillow as it consists of a high thread count.
But it might be a tad too fluffy for some toddlers. So it’s better to have a look at it before you buy it. Apart from this, there’s nothing else that will let you down. Thanks to the 100% synthetic polyester fiber construction.
- Suitable for toddlers as well as adults.
- The high-quality, thick thread count offers additional comfort.
- It is incredibly versatile and portable.
We Don't Like
- Machine washing the pillow is not advisable.
- It is excessively fluffy.
Kinder Fluff is the Best Pillow for a Toddler!
6. Little One’s Pillow Toddler Pillow – The Best Organic Toddler Pillow
When a toddler pillow is handcrafted, you know that it’s healthy and safe to use. So keeping this in mind, the Little Ones Toddler Pillow might be an ideal option. The cover has an organic cotton design. This means an extremely smooth and soft pillow quality.
The filling is equally exceptional because it contains zero pesticides or chemicals. So you can rest assured that your kid will not develop any allergy symptoms. Plus, the perfect size of the pillow makes it suitable for growing toddlers.
The Little Ones Toddler Pillow strikes that optimal balance between comfort and support. This means your child’s head remains in the correct position throughout the night. The only drawback is that the pillow isn’t thick enough.
- Washing the pillow doesn’t make the filling lumpy.
- High-quality materials and stitching.
We Don't Like
- Due to thin padding, the pillow doesn’t hold up well.
7. Calla Toddler Pillow – Another Best Organic Toddler Pillow
The thing about the Calla Toddler Pillow is that it’s neither too soft nor too firm. It strikes the perfect balance to contribute to a good night’s sleep. Plus, the size makes the pillow easy to carry around.
The cotton sateen-equipped cover offers excellent softness with no sound at all. So your child can sleep comfortably without any disturbance. The best part about this organic toddler pillow is that you can machine wash it without worrying about damage.
And as far as allergic reactions are concerned, that department is covered as well. Thanks to the hypoallergenic properties of the pillow. The only feature that you might not appreciate is the lack of sufficient width. This might cause your kid to roll off in his or her sleep.
- The pillow remains comfy and fluffy even after several washes.
- It has an organic quality, which means no harmful chemicals included.
We Don't Like
- The pillow is not flat enough to provide maximum neck support.
- The size may be a tad too small.
Everything You Need to Know about the Best Toddler Pillow
When it comes to pillows, especially toddler pillows, there is a sea of options to choose from. Each brand offers unique characteristics, so every pillow has its set of beneficial features. So it can get extremely confusing to select the most suitable pair for your baby.
At such times, a straightforward and basic understanding of toddler pillows goes a long way in making the buying process easier. And this is where our guide comes into the picture. Here, we’ve highlighted everything you need to know about toddler pillows. This includes when to use them and how to choose them. So let’s begin, shall we?
When to Use?
Your child’s sleeping habits will decide the correct time to use a toddler pillow. It’s the same as deciding when your kid can start using a blanket or when is it safe enough for him or her to sleep on the toddler bed. So you should know that there is no right answer to this question.
A few important signs are all that you, as a parent, should look out for to be able to make this decision. We’ve listed these indications in the form of questions below:
- How peacefully does your kid sleep at night?
- Do they tend to reposition themselves while sleeping?
If the second answer is in the negative, it highlights the fact that your child doesn’t get enough body support. And this is what a toddler pillow provides.
If you’re still confused about this, then we’re glad to give you accurate numbers to rely on. Once your child hits 18 to 20 months, he or she is eligible for the use of a toddler pillow. This also applies to toddler blankets and bed.
How We Choose?
Toddler pillows are fast-selling items, aren’t they? What does this imply? That the market contains plenty of brands manufacturing all kinds of toddler pillows. Each comes with its advantages and disadvantages. Some may be cheap while the others are expensive.
In terms of material, you find many options to choose from. These include feather fillings, synthetic fillings, etc. There are certain types of toddler pillows with a medical-approved quality.
Our point here is to highlight the fact that our team of researchers did its best to take every important factor into consideration. We’ve scrutinized many options thoroughly to shortlist pillows built to provide nothing short of superior comfort.
While doing so, we came across several elements that might do more harm than good. For example, a few materials contain harmful chemicals that are not safe for children. These include allergens as well.
We also took into account characteristics like maintenance and cleaning. All in all, it’s the credibility and quality of the toddler pillows that we should keep in mind when buying them.
What are the Best Features?
We’ve discussed a few essential pointers that you should keep in mind if you want to buy the most comfortable toddler pillow.
- The material of toddler pillows is an important factor to take into account. If your child is allergic to wool, feather, or synthetic material, then it’s best to stay away from such pillow fillings.
- An excellent combination of comfort and support is necessary. Something that’s excessively plush tends to provide tons of comfort. But it lacks support and increases the risk of suffocation. So make sure that you opt for optimal comfort as well as support.
- Another aspect to look into regarding the material is the presence of harmful elements. Usually, these are dyes and toxins. So the best way to keep your kid away from them is to buy toddler pillows constructed with organic cotton. You can also select other options like cotton polyester or synthetic fiber.
- Next is the thread count. You should know that the higher the thread count, the softer the pillow.
- Pillow fillings are another important feature. In this department, you get synthetic fillings, feather fillings, and memory foam. What you need to check is which one makes zero or comparatively lesser noise. Because a pillow that produces a crinkling sound might disturb your baby in the middle of the night.
The Final Recommendation
The care of our kids should be our priority. And we’re sure that you know that as well. Because you too stress about the little things, don’t you? Like what kind of lotion would be best to moisturize your baby’s naturally smooth skin. So buying the best toddler pillow is just like that, isn’t it?
If we had to pick the toddler pillow from the seven top choices on the market, it would be the Little One's Toddler Pillow. It contains zero pesticides, herbicides, flame retardants, and all such harmful chemicals. This means that the pillow has hypoallergenic properties.
The soft cotton shell has an organic quality. It consists of a thick thread count and is dust and mite resistant. This gives you superior comfort along with maximum durability. On top of that, the Little One's Toddler Pillow is machine washable without being susceptible to damage.
So when it comes to comfort and support, there’s nothing better than the Little One's Toddler Pillow. You have our word for it.
You might also like:
- Best Milk Storage Bag - Buyer's Guide
- Best Cooling Pillow - Buyer's Guide
- Best Bamboo Pillow – Buyer’s Guide