Best Bamboo Pillow (May 2017) – Buyer’s Guide & Reviews
You don't have to be a sleep expert to know what goes behind the best bamboo pillow. Bamboo, being a natural and flexible plant, offers many benefits. This includes making the most comfortable and breathable pillows you'll ever sleep on.
Bamboo pillows don’t fall under the category of standard bamboo-stuffed giants. They're woven into fine pliant threads, making the safest and uncluttered textile. Any material originating from bamboo is free from chemicals, toxins, and pesticides.
That's not all. We have so many reasons this time to convince you to make a "bamboo" selection. But we want to give you the best we have to give. That includes the top 7 bamboo pillow selects, plus a practical guide.
Quick Comparison: Top 7 Best Bamboo Pillows
*Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices and customer reviews on Amazon.com
What to Buy Right Away? Top 7 Bamboo Pillows
Our experts have singled out product after product to help you find your perfect fit. After all, you're buying comfort for your bedroom, so you have to do it right the first time!
These picks are the best bedding additions that will serve you a good night's sleep on a golden platter. They stay warm, cool, and plush while you get your complete 8 hours rest.
1. Snuggle-Pedic Memory Foam Pillow - Best for its Supportive and Complacent Nature
To do away with flat pillows and all the soreness, Snuggle-Pedic Bamboo Pillow is here to stay. It's a lightweight and durable bamboo pillow made with evergreen natural materials. It's one of the rare gems that renew the shape after use.
Most people use pillows that lose most of its fluffiness in the first few months. That's why this best bamboo pillow comes as a surprise to most. It has incredible hypoallergenic, dust-resistant, and allergy-prevention properties. It's loyal to the environment due to the breathable Biogreen fabric.
Other significant features include orthopedic support, sufficient thickness, and zipper removable cover. It increases comfort space to provide more firmness and stability while you sleep. While other pillows have passed down an unyielding odor of chemicals, this bamboo pillow has none.
But for the first few days, you might notice a mild synthetic smell. It's not stinging at all; only it'll fade away in a matter of days.
- The pillow’s durable and lightweight fabric doesn't go flat at all.
- It offers anti-allergic and dust-resistant properties.
- It is free from harmful chemicals.
We Don't Like
- You will get a non-irritating smell for a few days.
2. Coop Home Goods Premium Memory Foam Pillow - Best for All Types of Sleeping Positions
This one is suitable for different kinds of sleepers. These include back, side, and stomach sleepers. Coop Home Goods Pillow boasts a bamboo-shredded, memory foam quality. It screams of custom-fit design meant to elevate your nightly sleeping experience. So you've ever settled for average support and comfort, this one is a budget pick for you.
It comes with an outer cover that you can remove in case you want to personalize the pillow. This means you can alter the inner filling of the pillow according to your position.
The second most attractive quality of this bamboo pillow it the foam blend. It uses premium-grade breathable foam blend to support your neck, shoulders, and back.
Healthy sleeping positions ensure an immediate change in body movements. To elevate your daily lifestyle, flattering yourself with this bamboo pillow is essential.
But the only thing we dislike aboutCoop Home Goods Pillow is that most of its cover fabric consists of polyester. Even though a bamboo polyester blend is natural, it means less of bamboo and more of the latter.
- Flexible foam blend accommodates versatile sleeping positions.
- It is hypoallergenic and dust-resistant.
We Don't Like
- The outer cover contains 60% polyester.
Coop Home Goods Shredded Memory Foam Pillow
3. Xtreme Comforts Hypoallergenic Bamboo Pillow - Best for Back Sleepers
Being one of the best choices for bamboo pillows, the Xtreme Comforts pillow is excellent. It is the product of perfect craftsmanship. And that is not only to ensure comfort, but also protection from harm.
Keeping the highest standards in check, this best bamboo pillow plays all the right cards. And that’s because of the chemical and heavy metal-free build and hypoallergenic memory foam.
We loved how comfortable it feels without being too firm or soft. The pillow is malleable in a way that it fits your body shape and size. Also, it's the ideal fit for back sleepers. More important is its therapeutic qualities to reduce migraines, headache, and insomnia.
Even though this bamboo pillow is the "personal choice" for most people, there's a catch to it. You might need to fluff the pillows to take it back to the original, comfortable shape. It's not much to ask considering how efficient and supportive it is.
- The Xtreme Comforts Pillow features a solid 6-year warranty.
- It offers therapeutic properties.
We Don't Like
- You will need to fluff it to maintain the shape and thickness.
- Not so ideal for side sleepers.
4. Good Life Essentials Memory Foam Pillow - Best for Hot Sleepers
Do you want an incredibly comfortable pillow? You can't miss the details of the Good Life Essentials Shredded Memory Foam Pillow. Whether you've never used such before or you're looking to upgrade, this is the bamboo pillow.
You'll love it when your head sinks into its shredded memory foam while supporting your neck. Another important health benefit of the Good Life Essentials Pillow is that it reduces the times you toss and turn in your sleep.
It also plays a significant role in enhancing air circulation from deep inside the layers, so you feel don't get hot. Did you know hot sleepers are more likely to experience painful back problems?
Well, you can solve that right away with this pillow. Moving forward, there's one quality we found cringe-worthy. That is the chemical odor that sticks for the first few days after arrival.
- It can be machine-washed.
- The shredded memory foam offers excellent air circulation.
We Don't Like
- The pillow comes with a mild chemical odor.
5. Hotel Comfort Bamboo Covered Memory Foam Pillow - Best Traveler’s Bamboo Pillow
When you're sleeping as you should, changing pillows to Hotel Comfort is essential. It's an authentic pillow with lots of awesome benefits to offer. Starting with its ability to resist dust mite and allergies. Lots of people experience extreme allergic reactions during nighttime. And with a regular pillow, things get even worse.
Due to the all-natural bamboo blend fabric of this pillow, you won't have to sneeze or itch ever again. It's just like the pillows you sleep on when you’re in hotels. Second, it features a comfortable pillow quality. This means it will reduce headaches or neck pain caused by lack of neck support.
They take a couple of hours to expand to its original shape after arrival. So don't get agitated if you receive them all thin and lifeless. But you should know that this best bamboo pillow isn't ideal for varied sleepers.
- Suitable for travelers.
- It provides the perfect combination of fluffiness and conformability.
We Don't Like
- It isn't ideal for all kinds of sleepers.
6. CozyCloud Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow - Best for Resisting High Body Temperatures
The CozyCloud Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow has great heat-resistant properties. It works with the traditional shredded memory foam to help cradle your body the way it deserves. Ideal for all kinds of sleepers, including back and stomach, this is the best bamboo pillow we found.
Sleepers need the most support based on their body shape and size. To ensure your body is well-aligned from neck to spine, it offers contouring abilities. This is the pillow's ability to maintain its original fluffy shape all the time. So it doesn’t matter if you sleep for longer hours or machine washes the pillow. It's always ready to make you feel comfortable.
This pillow would have been much more efficient without its initial chemical odor. The odor tends to fade away after a few days, but it can be a bit frustrating to have around.
- It offers temperature control properties.
- The pillow contains active heat-reducing qualities.
- Suitable for head and neck support.
We Don't Like
- The chemical odor is strong during the first week.
7. Home With Comfort Bamboo Pillow - Best for Its Fresh and Dry Nature
The Home With Comfort Pillow offers everything from temperature regulation to air circulation. It works hard to ensure you get the right level of comfort and support you need. Containing bamboo and polyester, this best bamboo pillow comes machine washable.
Another major plus point is the conformability factor. It's known to keep its shape to suit your style of sleeping. Deep sleepers often fall victim to snoring (ways to stop snoring). And it gets worse if you sleep on a hard pillow.
This is where the ups of this pillow are so useful. It helps reduce snoring, insomnia, and other neck problems. So you can sleep in whichever sleeping position you seem fit.
Not to mention, the cooling comfort of this bamboo pillow offers no molds, no bends, and no flatness. But if you're sensitive to smells, you might not like the memory foam odor on this pillow. It stays for a while before it vanishes leaving no trace of scent.
- Suitable for people suffering from migraines, snoring, and allergies.
- Perfect for all sleeping positions.
- It features a durable shelf life.
We Don't Like
- The pillow gives out a mild memory foam odor.
- It is a tad bigger than it should be.
What Your Sleeping Position Says About You
A Trustworthy Guide to Bamboo Pillows
So have you found your ideal pick? If you have (which is definite), you might want to read what’s ahead. And if you haven’t, then you’ll get there soon enough.
After putting in loads of effort and time into this research, we found what everyone would love. And we'd like to share that with you.
How are Bamboo Pillows Different?
We always need reasons to buy something, don't we? So here are some compelling reasons why you should buy bamboo pillows right away.
- They're free of all toxic chemicals and heavy metals. These compounds make up other standard pillows.
- Since bamboo pillows feature memory foam material, they're environment-certified. Also, did you know that bamboo plant is woven into supple threads to get the natural, organic feel?
- Bamboo pillows come with a natural, fresh scent.
- Some bamboo pillows go against the habit of turning and tossing.
- They're hypoallergenic and offer moisture-wicking properties.
- The majority of such pillows feature temperature control qualities. This helps in keeping the body temperature cool and the sleeping environment dry.
Does your Position of Sleeping Matter?
For all that it's worth, buying pillows depends on one critical factor. And that is the way you sleep. You can buy a comfortable pillow based on how you sleep, that is on your sides, back, stomach, or varied.
- For Back Sleepers:
Your neck needs complete support if you sleep most hours of the night on your back. Firm bamboo pillows offer medium thickness, which is essential.
- For Stomach Sleepers:
Sleeping on your stomach so that it doesn't give you a back ache requires neck to spine alignment. Flat yet breathable bamboo pillows help keep your neck and spine in proper shape.
- For Side Sleepers:
Anything flat or too soft will give side sleepers a mild neck pain every morning. Research suggests that neck pain may often lead to a severe headache if left untreated. So a thick bamboo pillow that's firm and stays cool is essential for side sleepers.
- For Varied Sleepers:
If you don't fit into any of the above categories, that means you're a mixed or varied sleeper. Bamboo pillows that offer medium thickness can support the neck, spine, and shoulders. A hint of firmness and softness in quality is favorable.
What is the Best Sleeping Position?
Taking Good Care of a Bamboo Pillow
Now that you've got your sleeping patterns allied let's talk about caring for a bamboo pillow. This is to keep its original quality, thickness, and malleability intact. Standard pillows come with a 6 to 8 months shelf life. Hence, you find yourself stuck with lifeless pillows until you replace them.
The obvious benefits of such pillows will leave you impressed. Once bought, you don't have to stress about skin sensitivities, allergies, or hot flashes. Remember that each time you breathe in the air around standard pillows; you're taking in its mold.
That includes toxic chemicals along with dust particles. You won't have to think about all this if you get bamboo pillows.
So that's it for what they offer. We want to hand out some essential tips for taking care of a bamboo pillow. The aftercare of a bamboo pillow is important because you have to keep up with their organic fabric.
- Once you unwrap you bamboo pillow once it’s arrived, let it rest for 1-2 days. This time allows the magical pillow to inflate back to its original shape.
- It's essential that you air your bamboo pillow for a few days after its inflated. This is a preventive measure to ensure no toxic chemicals stick to your pillow while you sleep.
- Most bamboo pillows come with washable, removable covers. But some aren't machine washable. So if you wash yours by hand, it would make all the difference. Plus, it would increase the pillow's shelf life.
- If the bamboo pillow's thickness isn't suiting your position, it's not a big deal. All you have to do; keep fluffing it until you meet your ideal fit. This quality is unique to only bamboo pillows as standard pillows are not as inflexible.
You Got It!
We stuck to all important features and benefits of bamboo-equipped pillows in this guide. We'd like you to consider these bamboo pillows for a future upgrade. Many of them have exciting features and extra benefits no other pillows can offer.
Why pay for traditional materials that might ditch you to dust and wear and tear after a few months? Especially now when you can improve your sleeping experience with something natural.
Having said that, our favorite pick on the list is Snuggle-Pedic Bamboo Pillow. The springiness and comfort this best bamboo pillow offers are too special. It supports your body for uninterrupted sleep. And if you're curious about its price, do know that it's in your budget for the perfect match. Give this one a shot!
You might also like: